Monday, October 8, 2007

Entering the Monastary






This blog is dedicated to my cute brother Colton who just entered the MTC. We are so proud of him for taking this leap of faith. The top picture is of Colton and his girlfriend Amanda (and Luke and Evie ofcourse). Amanda was bawling on the night Colton was set apart, it was so cute. I leaned over to Colton and said "That's gotta make you feel good!" We all want some one to miss us when we leave. Colton asked a friend of my parents "Do they have more hillbillies or rednecks in West Virigina?" She said that he would come home loving hillbillies. It was so fun to walk back through the MTC. I spent 3 1/2 months there 10 years ago and it hasn't changed much. In some ways I was so jealous of the missionaries entering, they are off on such a fun adventure. The world awaits them. In other ways I was thanking my lucky stars I was not entering the MTC. We called it the nunnery. I felt like I was being untrue to myself trying to act all preachy and spiritual instead of the quirky girl with a lot of conviction. And I was just so tired!! Every time I think of Colton I want to take a nap. This is the boy that could never get up before noon and thinks he'll be able to get up at 6am no problem. He is stubborn enough though that he would never tell us if it was hard.
We had a lot of fun getting my mom's house ready for the farewell. She has been in desperate need of an update and some cleaning out and since she was so overwhelmed with everything else she just let me do it. It was so fun! I was worried that I should have had my decorating team (April, Kristen and Brooke) with me, but it turned out alright. She let me buy her a new couch, end table and I spent $400 at TJ Maxx buying pillows and decor and such. I put half of her living room out on the porch for the DI and cleaned out a few of her kitchen cabinets. It was so fun to spend someone elses money for a change! Then my brothers girlfriends and I spent the day cooking and bonding, it was a great time and I can't wait until my little family gets some sister-in-laws ( I believe that will be a ways off though). So in short, I am so proud of my brother and miss him terribly. I think about him all the time and what he must be doing at this time of day, etc. So until you get back Colton! (Then you can challenge me in a game of settlers!)
I love you! Teb
p.s. this is what happens when you lose a lot of sleep and spend too much time together.
(me and my sister kate)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

cute family tausha! your brothers are so cute and that girlfriend of Colton's is gorgeous. what a fun time for your family!

The Ringleader said...

Okay, are sure Andy is not your brother?

Tausha said...

You should see pictures of Andy when he was young, rounder and blonder. He and Marcus are indistinguishable! It is so crazy!

Brooke said...

Taush, that is the best look on your face!!! S can't figure out why I'm laughing out loud! Its hard when your brother goes away on a mission, huh? How great for him and your family. Do you think the girlfriend will wait?