Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mayoral Elections

I watched the debate on Fox today. Did anyone else? What did you think? I am still undecided on who is the best candidate. I think Jenny Wilson and Dave Buhler shot themselves in the foot today. I believe Keith Christensen is more of a one man show (he is all about running the city as a business - I can't remember the term he kept using). I like Ralph Becker but he has a few black marks. He doesn't support the skyway. I know nothing about the skyway except that the church wants it, is that reason enough to want it too? Andy thinks so. He also is against vouchers. Vouchers were a major accomplishment in the last two sessions. They allow so many of our communities Autistic kids to go to Pingree without the exuberant cost. I really don't care about any of the other private schools, just about Autism. Selfish of me isn't it? Are those two negatives enough for me not to vote for an otherwise great candidate? Could vouchers continue on even without the Mayors support? I am not very familiar with the politics involved here. Overall I believe Ralph to be a methodical thinker who will actually accomplish his goals. He is well thought out and seems generally interested in the public's input. I like that. Gee, I can't wait for the presidential debates to start. Another question. How do you feel about the church closing the stores on it's properties on Sunday and not allowing liquor in it's stores? It seems like it is a mall with lots of restaurants, who is going to agree to these policies and rent their space? I don't know of any mall that is closed on Sunday and very few people want restaurants that don't offer some alcohol. I would be interested in everyone's view.
Side note. Andy wants me to let you know he has started his own blog. He got tired of not being able to put what he wanted on mine so he got his own. Please feel free to check it out. Also, if you read this please comment. Anyone can, even you Dave. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I did not watch the elections, but Jessica and Eric got evicted on Big Brother 8. Thanks for being a responsible citizen.

Kristen said...

who's running again? and what for? ha ha JK not really.

Tausha said...

You are terrible citizens! And who is my ananymous blogger who is watching "Big Brother 8"? What is that anyway?

Kate said...

I agree with vouchers- it takes away money from our public schools that need it so desperately... and I have not really payed attention to the mayoral race because I live in Holladay - it will be interesting. I know Jenny Wilson's sister and she is really great and her dad was a politician... so I don't know.

Brooke said...

I didn't watch the debate. I wish I woud have, because even though I've received pamphlets from them every day, I still don't know anything about them. I don't know any of their platforms. We need to talk before Tuesday. Maybe you can shed some light. Thanks for being so enlightened and responsible!
Is Big Brother still on air? I thought that was cancelled years ago. Maybe it'll last forever like Survivor. GAG!! (sorry if you're a fan, like my obsessed siblings and mother)

go boo boo said...

I am impressed that you watched the mayoral debate, I want to know what's going on, and I liked Keith C (honestly because I met him while bike riding, since my biking partner knows him) but it looks like Wilson and Buhler have the best chances to really win. And I am only thinking of Jenny Wilson because I know her sister (aren't those the lamest reasons ever!). You asked about Grateful Sunday, we got it from our favorite original blogger Leslie (our little sister's darling friend) at http://flowerchain.blogspot.com/