Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A week at EFY

I know you are all jealous. Not many 30 somethings get to go to EFY. For me it is the first time and I didn't know what I was in for. I am in Cedar City with 40 councilors and 270 youth. The kids are off with various relatives and while I was sad to leave them (especially Isaac) I haven't missed them too much. How sad is that? Every time I call them they are all screaming and crying. Evie keeps saying she wants to go home, but I'm not ready to jump into life again yet. My new days consist of a maid and free meals that require no dishes or cooking on my part. Awesome. Andy speaks a couple times a day, and I even spoke for a little in today's morning side. We go to classes and devotionals and even dances. Everyone is out to get me in the spotlight. The councilors and Andy. Last night they made Andy and I try out for the dance contest in front of all the kids. Humiliation! But it was a great time, I am a teenager again. Enjoy these videos. I hope they make you laugh. (I'll have to figure out how to get them turned around.)
Tausha

7 comments:

Kristen said...

tausha I can just see you at the clubs in your youth!! I am just laughing because for as much as you were DREADING going...you actually look like you are having a good time!!

Kristen said...

as far as bookclub? i don't know what is going on. i don't even know who is hosting. katie offered. i don't remember planning a book. give me a heads up!

Tausha said...

I thought when we talked to April last (I don't remember when that was, or if you were even there) that she was hosting and had suggested the "1000 white women" book. We also talked about starting up again in September. I will talk to her about it.

Brooke said...

I talke with April. She is planning on hosting in September. Tausha, was to jive! I'm sad we never went dancing when we were both pregnant! I'm glad you had fun. A maid and free food, I'm there dude! We'll miss you while you are out of town, again! Lucky duck!

Kate said...

You two are a match made in heaven! I can't wait to hear about it in person!

Kristen said...

tausha...check out this girl's blog she has an autistic son and is in tara's ward in AZ. she manages his autism through his diet and she has a link for it.

Brooke said...

Tausha, update your blog! I want to hear some good stories from Teton Springs!