Saturday, August 25, 2007

Condoms...


#1 This blog is inspired by Luke. What is it with my kids and Andy's Condoms? Today Luke got the condoms out and tried them on as gloves. Usually he just tries to fill them up with water or blows in them. Why? Why has he wasted so many condoms so repeatedly? It's not just him, Evie enjoys it too. I guess I was once fascinated by condoms. My darkest secret Lillie (my cute Autistic niece asked me what this was recently, I couldn't think of anything I was willing to tell her, she is a total sieve) is that once when I was babysitting for a neighbor I found their condoms and opened one up, just to check it out. What is worse, is that when I was done I put it in the garbage by their bed, wrapper and all. I didn't even try to hide it! What was I thinking. I believe it was in my favor that I was exceptionally homely, naive, and that the neighbor I was tending for was a very open OB/GYN. I don't recall if they ever asked me back. :) My parents Nanny once found a condom wrapper on the floor in my parents room and was so freaked out about it that she called all her friends. "Do I throw it away?" "Do I kick it under the bed and pretend I didn't see it..." What is the big deal? Only parents should have such a dilemma and only if they find it in their children's rooms.


#2 Well, I was going to update this blog with a special treat for Brooke, but due to some technical difficulty it will have to wait. Sorry. Teton Springs was fun, another case of the Griswald's going on vacation. My niece broke her foot, the brothers got caught in a horrible storm and couldn't summit the Tetons, we had torrential rain, someone brought up a flu bug and we all got it. But it was fun anyway. Lukey puked in the candy store right before we came home and I got to drive home with puke in my shoes and all up and down my pants. JOY...


#3 I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy. I think in my next life I will stay single a little longer and be an OB. There is something about pregnant women. Oh well.


8 comments:

Kristen said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU POSTED THAT PICTURE!!! I am sure Brooke will have to comment about the dog eating one their USED ones! At least they are getting used for something at your house!

Brooke said...

Tausha, I love you! You never fail to give me a good laugh. Here I am at work at one in the morning laughing out loud, trying not to wake Oakley up. I can't wait to show Scott that picture! My thought is, Doe's the lubricant bother Luke? Personally, the lube grosses me out! I can't stand to touch them, its like someone loogied all over it! Was there more for me, an even more delightful treat than your picture of Luke? And Kristen's right. Nothing is as lovely as seeing your used condom in the backyard in your dog's poop!

Tausha said...

Brooke,the lube does not appear to bother my children at all. I wonder if used condoms taste good? I'm sure Matisse thinks so! Also, I do have another little treat for you, Andy's trying to get it to work for me. Can't wait to show you!

Kate said...

Okay- gross! Can't wait to hear all your fun stories at book club- or swimming tomorrow... and it seems like Brooke has a few too.

go boo boo said...

You are so funny! Gross, I am reading the comments from K & Brooke! Is Grey's back?

Kristen said...

okay i keep waiting for another update to replace your last disgusting one. question for you...why in the heck don't you keep your condoms hidden away somewhere like the rest of us? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tausha said...

Do you really think that there is any place I could hide our condoms that Luke couldn't find them? These were in our night stand, but in the back under all of Andy's garments. He is just resourcefull.

Kristen said...

I guess the only option is to quit using them then...Oh maybe not..bad idea!!